Saturday, August 4, 2007

Introduction

Quite a grim start, eh? But hey, you should start somewhere, and what better place than where you are right now. Let’s start over :)
Hello. It’s me here, trying to tap into the blogosphere for the first time. Now, I have been entertaining the idea of having my own blog for many years (or maybe decades, one may say), but, for different reasons, I couldn’t gather my will to do it until now.
A few words about me:
I am a Scientist by profession, and an Astronomer by training. I make money by doing research in different areas of Astronomy and Cosmology, which often culminate in scientific papers, as well as talks and seminars. I also consider myself a failed poet (!), and this blog is to some extent, an effort to revive my poetic side (although in a different language). I should remain anonymous for now, but I assume that there will be enough information trickling through my posts that will eventually reveal my identity.
A few words about (the idea of) this blog:
Now, as I said before, I am a scientist by profession, and would like a less formal medium to communicate my ideas with my colleagues (if they ever read this blog). However, for more of you, this blog may serve as (a hopefully transparent) window into the world of professional science (in particular Astrophysics and Cosmology), one that you may understand and enjoy at the same time. Nevertheless, for most of you, this will be a reflection of a conflicted individual, one that is caught in between rationality (that is science) and superstition (that is religion), integrity (that is honesty) and hypocrisy (that is politics), and finally, in between fantasy and reality.

Welcome to the world of The Skeptical Cosmologist!

No comments: